Learn about Production, Marketing and Supply of all Types of Herb Products.
This course is designed to develop a solid grounding in herb growing and the herb industry. Half of the course deals with general herb culture, including identification, soils, mulching, feeding, watering, propagation, pest & disease control, harvest, storage, processing, companion planting, nursery management and herb farming. The remainder of the course involves detailed studies of major groups of herbs such as: mints, thymes, lavenders, scented geraniums, garlic, roses, artemisias and parsley.
The course consists of 12 units, each comprising one or more lessons; as outlined below:-
1. Introduction and Herb Identification
2. Culture (Soil, mulch, planting, feeding etc)
3. Propagation (Seed, cuttings, division etc.)
4. Plant Health
5. Processing And Using Herb Products
6. Harvesting and Storage
7. The Mints (Mentha spp.)
8. Lavenders and Thymes
9. Other Lamiaceae Family Herbs (e.g. Sage, Balm)
10. The Artemisias
11. Compositae (Asteraceae) - The Daisy Herbs
12. Umbelliferae Herbs (Apiaceae) - The Parsley Family
13. Onion Herbs (Liliaceae) - (e.g. Chives, Aloe vera)
15. Rosaceae Herbs (eg. Rose & Strawberry)
16. Miscellaneous Herbs
17. Scented Geraniums
18. Native Herbs (eg. Boronia, Tea Tree)
19. Companion Planting
20. Natural Pest Control
21. Designing Herb Gardens
22. Home Herb Gardens
23. Public Landscaping With Herbs
24. Herb Nursery Management
25. Herb Farming
26. Herb Enterprises.
For further details and full course information, please visit our website, use our free course counselling service or email us.