Learn to evaluate, design and make decisions about the management of pasture for different purposes.
• This comprehensive course investigates different pasture types, the structure, growth and development of grasses, grass identification, the establishment of new pastures, the importance of legumes in pastures, selection of pasture types, seed mix, management of existing pastures, native grasslands, weed control, limiting factors, managing stock on pasture, management works.
The course comprises 8 lessons as follows:-
1. Introduction to Pastures
2. The Pasture Plant
3. Pasture Varieties
4. Site Considerations
5. Establishing New Pastures
6. Managing Existing Pastures
7. Managing Stock on Pasture
8. Pasture Management Work Tasks
For further details and full course information, please visit our website, use our free course counselling service or email us.