Pig Keeping Course - for smallholder or commercial producer.
• Learn pig management for commercial production, self sufficiency or as a hobby.
• Study and understand of pig anatomy, management and production.
• Learn breeding and selection techniques, housing, feeding and diet management, diseases, boar management, managing the sow and litter, fattening pigs, record keeping and more.
The course comprises 9 lessons as follows:-
1. Background to pig raising
2. Breeding and selection
3. Feeding Pigs
4. Pig diseases
5. Managing the boar
6. Managing the sow and litter
7. Management of Fattening pigs
8. Economics and Records
9. Managing a Piggery.
For further details and full course information, please visit our website, use our free course counselling service or email us.
Members of the Permaculture Association can add Events, Courses, Jobs and Opportunities to the website noticeboard.
Join or log in to add yours.
Become a member