Are you interested in keeping chickens for a hobby or as part of your work? Then this course can help you to learn more about the care and management of poultry.
• Learn to manage small and large scale poultry and egg production.
• Suitable for farmers, people keeping poultry at home and more.
• Study in your own time and at your own pace.
• Taught and written by poultry experts.
The course comprises 8 lessons as follows:-
1. Introduction: terminology, pure breeds, cross breeds, brooders, commercial farming options.
2. Feed, Nutrition & Digestion.
3. Poultry Diseases
4. Laying Hens: extensive, semi intensive and intensive systems, housing, feeding the layer.
5. Broilers : the brooding period, feeding boilers, housing, hygiene and health
6. Incubation : natural, artificial, managing the incubator, reasons for poor hatchability.
7. Brooding: heating, feeders, drinkers, floor space, rearing.
8. Poultry Business: records, growth records, egg production records, costing a small scale operation, marketing
For further details and full course information, please visit our website, use our free course counselling service or email us.