This year's Permaculture Association AGM will be taking place on Saturday 17 November from 11am - 5pm.
Join us for our first ever AGTPM - An Annual General Tree Planting Meeting!
This year we will be meeting at Stepney City Farm to present the annual review and accounts, elect new trustees, look at our strategy, run some fantastic practical workshops and plant some trees.
Whether you can join us in Stepney or not, now is a great time to start thinking about where you could plant a tree (or more) this winter. Treeplanting is a brilliant and inclusive activity for young and old and every one planted helps our world.
We want to make tree planting a regular part of what the Permaculture Association does, and celebrate the practical work we do in permaculture.
This AG(TP)M we will be starting that work planting trees in Stepney. Joining us for the AGM will be City of Sanctuary and Social Farms and Gardens launching their new project 'Gardens of Sanctuary'.
Gardens of Sanctuary is a partnership between the Permaculture Association, Social Farms and Gardens and the City of Sanctuary network. They are producing resources and training materials to encourage and support community gardens, city farms and other growing spaces to become places of welcome for people seeking sanctuary in the UK. They will formally launch the project including a website, resource pack, report and case studies during the Permaculture Association AGM event.
- 11.00 - 11.30 Arrivals - Register, then grab a cup of tea or coffee and settle in for the day ahead.
- 11.30 - 12.00 Introduction / Networking - Andy Goldring introduces the day's event and our motivation behind the new tree planting initiative. A chance for some gently structured networking.
- 12.00 - 13.00 Permaculture Association AGM - Join members of the Permaculture Association from across the country (via Zoom) and the Board of Trustees for the Annual General Meeting of the charity. It's a chance to see inside the workings of the organisation and get involved in decision-making.
- 13.00 - 14.00 Lunch - Enjoy a delicious healthy and heartwarming lunch before the afternoon's workshops and tree planting activities.
- 14.00 - 15.00 Gardens of Sanctuary Launch - Join our partners City of Sanctuary and Social Farms and Gardens for the launch of the Gardens of Sanctuary project. The project makes available a new collection of resources aimed at helping the UK's community growing spaces to welcome sanctuary seekers, including refugees and asylum seekers.
- 15.00 - 15.45 Tree Planting - 20 attendees can join in planting trees here at Stepney City Farm, as part of the Permaculture Association's new tree planting initiative. There are 200 native trees to plant to form new hedgerows and begin the transformation of the the farm into a more wooded environment.
- 15.00 - 15.45 Permablitz London - Permablitz London has just completed its 72nd permablitz since its launch 5 years ago in 2013. This year has seen a permablitz featured on BBC Gardeners’ World and the start of a project to create a new community garden for Battersea Arts Centre that will be installed through a series of permablitzes in 2019/2020. This workshop will look back at the history of permablitzing, including what we have learnt from the experience and how we are looking to the future of permablitzing both in London and beyond.
- 15.50 - 16.35 Tree Planting (2nd Session) - As per above
- 15.50 - 16.35 Permablitz London (2nd Session) - As per above
- 16.35 - 17.00 Closing - Reflections on the day. A last chance for networking and discussions.
The AGM itself is free to members. Please email email@example.com if you wish to register for this alone. The AGM will happen at 12pm. To attend the full day including lunch, we're asking a suggested donation of between £10 and £25 to cover costs.