For the original website, click here
With Eduardo Terzidis, Nick Steiner and Oli Inglis
No online presence is required apart from the presentation of the final designs!!
72 hours Permaculture Design Certificate
What you will get:
Every online module includes one interactive class where students will have the opportunity of asking questions and solving any doubts. All learning material is pre-recorded and available for self-paced study! Moreover, students will have access to the online forum where they will receive ongoing support from the facilitators.
Why recorded classes?
Recorded classes come from a previous interactive online PDC and will include moments of debate and questions from the students that had joined the course. The reason for this is that great part of a PDC are moments of reflection, and we have chosen to include other student's questions and debates to allow you to reflect and part-take to the process on your own.
All online classes are recorded and available for self-paced study
MODULE 1 - INTRODUCTION TO PERMACULTURE (Online)
12th - 26th January
Interactive call will be 12th of January from 7 to 8 pm CET
• Permaculture: Evidence that we need to act - Ethics & Principles
• Concepts and themes in design: Natural ecosystems - Web of life - Yield and Resource -
• Design Methods: Observation - Analysis of elements - Flow analysis - Maps & data overlay - Zones & sectors - Slope & aspect - Guilds - Scale of permanence
• Patterns: Understanding natural patterns and how to use them in design
MODULE 2 - CLIMATES, WATER AND TREES (Online)
26th January - 9th February
Interactive call will be 26th of January from 7 to 8 pm CET
• Climatic factors: Main climatic zones and their characteristics - Climatic factors - Climatic effects Landscape profiles
• Trees: Trees and their role in the ecosystem
• Agroforestry & Food Forests: Natural forests and natural succession - Food forests - Layers - Greening the Desert
• Water: Water cycle - Water in the landscape - Strategies for water management
• Earthworks: Design - Tools - Types of earthworks (swales, dams etc..)
• This module will include an extra live session on water management with Nick Steiner
MODULE 3 - SOILS, ANIMALS AND SOCIAL PERMACULTURE (Online)
9th January - 23rd February
Interactive call will be 9th of February from 7 to 8 pm CET
• Soils: Soil composition - Soil management - Compost - Nutrient management and closed loops - Animals in the landscape
• Social Permaculture: Project management - Group dynamics - Non-violent communication - Local economies - Community living & Ecovillages
• This module will include an extra live session on soil science with Oli Inglis
(OPTIONAL) MODULE 4 - PRACTICAL WEEK (Live in Portugal)
2nd - 6th April
@Quinta Alma, Aljezur, Portugal
If you wish to join the practical week, click here for more info
MODULE 5 - FINAL DESIGN PROJECTS (Online)
7th April - 5th of May
Presentations will be 5th of May
To be able to provide an international PDC certificate, the course will include a final design project. All students will do a project simulating the design for a client. The project will be presented at the end of the permaculture design course and will be a great opportunity for the students to metabolise the newly-acquired knowledge and receive feedback from the teacher.
The hand over of the final designs will be organised with the teachers, who will provide feedback before delivering the certificate.