Becoming a member of the Permaculture Association can be a transformational event for you, for us, and for the thousands of people and projects we support.
We are all working so hard to protect and regenerate our planet.
By becoming a member, you join a network of inspiring, motivated people making positive changes in their lives, communities and landscapes that are for the benefit of all.
PayPal or credit card
Without your membership we couldn’t do the work we do educating, networking, promoting and driving forward the message and ethics we would like to see as the foundation for everything humans do: Earth Care, People Care, Fair Shares.
Being a member-funded charity allows us to do so much more important work than we could if we were solely reliant on grant funding.
By being a member you also become a stakeholder in the Permaculture Association, helping us create the world we all want to live in.
There are also many great reasons to join the Permaculture Association in addition to supporting our work. We provide our members with all the following benefits and services:
Permaculture Works journal - our newly redesigned 64 page publication featuring articles, designs and recipes - next issue due May 2021 (£6 to non members).
- Network News - A monthly email giving you the latest news, events, jobs and opportunities. Plus stories from the network and links to learn more about permaculture.
- Member calls - in response to the Covid-19 crisis we have been trialing a number of member calls to encourage networking and support during this difficult time. Find out more about these calls here. Educator members also benefit from the much celebrated and estabilised regular MOG calls.
- Exclusive learning email series - We will send you a series of educational emails every few weeks, themed around the 12 Holmgren principles of permaculture. This is an opportunity to deepen your knowledge, discover new aspects of the design process, and learn useful practical solutions. See the first email for free here. Receive the full series when you join as a member.
- Online Members area - Featuring members map, member discounts, past publications, help and feedback.
- Discounts - Great discounts from our partners and for Permaculture Association events. Click here for the full list.
- Website listings - Create your own profile and add content to the website noticeboard - tell people about your events, courses, jobs, and list offers and requests.
- Promotion - publicity for your projects, courses and events via our website, social media and monthly ebulletin sending to over 9,000 subscribers.
- Affinity promotions – your purchases can benefit the charity. Click here for the full list.
- Networking - contacts in Britain and around the world. You can request lists of members in your area at any time, or contact them directly via the members map.
- Regional and national events - find out first about conferences, convergences and other events, including the very popular Permaculture Convergence that we host each year.
- Events booking service - Did you know that you can sell tickets to your event with the Association? We give you a premium listing as well as admin and promotional support.
- Diploma - permaculture design course graduates can work towards the Diploma in Applied Permaculture Design. Membership is essential as a Diploma apprentice - it keeps us in touch, plus you can benefit from our regular Diploma Gatherings.
- Project's support - helps groups and projects to attract funds and makes it easier to exchange skills and resources. Find out more here.
- Join working groups - help guide our work, whether in a regional group, education, the diploma.
- Telephone helpline - help with your enquiries. We can recommend places to visit, books to read and connect you to others who can help you if we can't.
Educator members benefit from all the benefits listed above, plus a dedicated Educators online portal, and the very popular Monthly Online Gatherings (MOGs!) where you can connect with other educators, get support and develop your skills. Read all about the new membership package here.
Lifetime members will benefit from all of the above - for life!
- All the benefits listed under individual membership benefits above.
- Group member feature on our blog.
- Access funding from trusts and charities that only give grants to registered charities via Project Support.
- All groups are listed online (unless you ask not to be).
Business and Organisation members (NGOs, universities etc.)
Business and Organisation Membership is a new area for us and we are keen to work with you in a flexible way to meet your needs and expectations.
In addition to the usual member benefits, business members will also receive:
- Business member feature on the Permaculture Association blog
- Partnerships - we actively encourage and seek partnerships with Business and Charity Members. A member of our staff will call you to explore opportunities for joint working on mutually beneficial projects.
- Telephone help-line - help with your enquiries. We can guide you to a wide range of resources, recommend places to visit, advise on training opportunities, books to read, and provide broad technical assistance.
Benefits to others
As well as getting a good range of excellent value services, joining the Association means that you are helping us to help others and supporting the network.
Our enquiry service is used by thousands of people each year, and we provide a wide range of information that really makes a difference - connecting people, ideas and resources.
If you are already a member, thank you! If not, please consider joining the thriving permaculture network.
We also welcome donations to support additional work to develop permaculture in Britain and around the world - many permaculture projects have benefited from your generosity and made a real difference to those involved.
PayPal or credit card